My Journey

Friday, July 13th @ 2:08am I jumped out of bed when my water broke.  I woke up Kris just to let him know and we tried to go back to bed to get some rest.  We knew we could possibly have a long night ahead of us.  I couldn’t sleep at all so I hung out by myself with simple, irregular contractions for about an hour.  When I started to get uncomfortable around 3am I woke up my sister to hang out with me.  Within an hour I was having good, strong contractions but they were still irregular and we couldn’t really time them.  I just wasn’t feeling quite right about it all and so I called my midwife who decided to come over.  Kelli got here around 4:30 and by that time I had set up camp in Kris’s grandmother’s old room (her name was Mae Ann).  I was on all fours resting my upper body on a stack of pillows and just in my groove moaning through contractions and chatting a bit in between with my girlfriend Christina and my sister.  Kris, my sister, and my father-in-law started filling up the tub Kelli brought with her while she checked me.  I was four centimeters dilated when she got here, but she said that my reactions didn’t match my dilation. She gave me a homeopathic because my symptoms didn’t match how far along I was.  I progressed very quickly.  I was feeling the urge to push before I ever made it in the tub.  As soon as it was deep enough I got in and it felt great.  I was pushing almost nonstop.  I dilated from 4cm to 10 in ½ an hour and at 6:14am Journey MaeAnn was delivered in the water completely asleep and snoring – definitely her father’s child LOL  She weighed in at 8lbs 6oz and was 21inches.  Beautiful, perfect and healthy with and Apgar of 8/9.  I couldn’t have wished for a better birth experience.  A 2 hour labor with no complications at all.  She’s a strong nurser just like her sister was from the very start. 

 We’ve been well with little complications.  Sunday night I got a fever and my midwife came by with the suspicion of a uterine infection.  She gave me a shot of penicillin and the fever went down but 6 hours later returned.  At 2:30am we were driving to her house for her to dose me again and I was okay until Monday morning when the fever returned at which point she insisted I got to the ER for an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay (to make sure there was nothing left in my uterus that could cause and infection which could be life threatening).  At the end of it all it was determined that my uterus just got lazy and wasn’t contracting as it should have been (even with a baby nursing) so they sent me home with a prescription that makes my uterus have one titanic contraction (for two days – yowee) and an antibiotic to treat whatever funk was going on in there due to a lack of improper evacuation of post-partum stuff (to keep it non-graphic).  So other than being crampy and a bit tired I am doing great and enjoying my babymoon.  Just wanted to check in and give you all a few details cause I know everyone was itching for them.  I have a non graphic video of the actual delivery for anyone who wishes to see it.  Hope all is well with you and yours.

About Mamamojo

My name is T. I am a homeschooling, home/water birthing, dreadlocked, special needs mama to four beautiful daughters. I'm married to my best friend. I am a natural childbirth and breastfeeding advocate. I have done some volunteer work as a peer counselor with WIC and as a doula with Birthwell Partners and plan to be a midwifery assistant one day. My blog was created to put some alternative information out there about breastfeeding, childbirth & other issues regarding motherhood and life in general. I hope that you enjoy reading here and visit me often. Thanks for reading!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s